- Returning students: MSP + StudyInsured™
- New 10-month students: StudyInsured™ exclusively for the first 3 months, then MSP + StudyInsured™
- New 5-month or less students: StudyInsured™ exclusively
What are MSP & StudyInsured™?
BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
MSP is the mandatory public health insurance provided by Health Insurance BC for students with a valid study permit.
All 10-month students must provide their study permit to the International in the beginning of school year.
Always present your MSP card when you visit a clinic or hospital.
StudyInsured™ is company that provides our students with private medical insurance. The plan is called the Comprehensive+ Plan.
For students who are awaiting MSP, or who will not be eligible for MSP, the Comprehensive+ Plan will be the only insurance to use.
The 10-month students will use MSP to cover their general medical expenses, and use StudyInsured™ for the eligible medical expenses not covered by the province.
If you do not have MSP and go to a clinic or hospital, please keep the medical notes, ER reports, receipts, and other supporting documents and submit your claim at www.studyinsured.com/kootenayinternational or submit via email to email@example.com. You can get help with submitting your claim information from the StudyInsured Assistance 24/7 at 1.866.883.9787
Visit our StudyInsured website at www.studyinsured.com/kootenayinternational for insurance plan details and other resources.
StudyInsured needs to be contacted within 48-hours of any major medical emergency. This includes:
- being admitted to hospital
- surgery of any kind (including dental)
- MRI, CT, or other major diagnostic test
- medical treatment and services outside of Canada