Leadership and Intercultural Scholarship for International Students in Grade 12 on a Graduation Program
School District #8 Kootenay Lake, International Program offers a $500 Cash Scholarship for Leadership and Cultural Integration Scholarship
Please submit a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st, of the graduating year, that explains all of the ways in which you (as the applicant) or a student (if this is a nomination) have demonstrated the character traits listed below:
- Integrity - outward actions=inner values in an honest and well controlled manner.
- Dedication - to language learning through study and practice, building relationships with Canadian students, staff, and Homestay, supporting new students from your home country during their cultural adjustment.
- Magnanimity - giving credit to others where it is due.
- Fairness - dealing consistently and justly with everyone and not taking sides because of similar race, country, language, socioeconomic class, or gender.
- Assertiveness - ability to take charge of your actions and seek the proper support to support problem solving initiatives, or event planning, course and study options.
- Sense of humour - able to laugh at oneself and with others—but never at others.
- Cross cultural competence - please see the definition below.
A definition of Cross cultural competence: A person who is interculturally competent is a person who captures, understands, accepts and adapts to differences in daily interaction with people from foreign cultures in a way that demonstrates that his/her concepts in perception, thinking, feeling and acting are free from prejudice and there is an interest and motivation to continue learning.
Deadline for submissions: May 1st, of the graduating year
Send all submissions: