Shorten Your Arrival Time at YVR
Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Vancouver International Airport (YVR) have collaborated on a project to expedite the issuing of study permits for new international students upon arriving in Canada at YVR Vancouver airport. YVR and CBSA have developed a website called the Voluntary Compliance Portal (VC Portal) where incoming international students can voluntarily submit their immigration and permit information. This portal is run by YVR, and the information is then sent to CBSA in order to process and print the permits prior to the arrival of the student. This can have significant time savings for both the student and CBSA.
The VC Portal can be found at https://www.yvr.ca/en/students
In order to use the VC Portal, the following eligibility criteria must be met:
1. The student’s first entry to Canada must be at YVR airport; they cannot connect to YVR via a domestic flight;
2. The student must be in possession of a Letter of Introduction/pre-approved Study Permit application issued by IRCC;
3. They must submit the information through the VC Portal a minimum of 72 hours in advance of their arrival at YVR.
Note that this does not exempt students from the normal assessment of admissibility to Canada by Border Services Officers, and does not replace the usual procedure for seeking entry to Canada.
1. Airport delivery and pick up will be supplied by the program when a student enters Canada at the beginning and end of each of their educational program.
2. Sometimes in Canada, flights are cancelled due to snowstorms or inclement weather. Please note that our staff are very experienced with cancellations and will find the best solution to support safe arrival or departure of your students in our program.
3. To provide the safest possible transportation of our students to airports during all types of weather, we are consolidating arrival and departure dates to be able to supply a bus with a professional driver. Please support us in this regard.
4. If students want to arrive at an airport other than the local community airport, the student and their families will need to cover the milage costs and hotel costs for themselves and the drive.