Monday, September 6th, 2021
Working closely with Interior Health, we are committed to supporting a safe return to in-person classes September 7th, 2021.
For your child or youth’s safe return to school, please:
- Practice hand hygiene as a regular health routine
- Perform a daily health before entering school or the bus
- Wear a non-medical mask for students in grades 4 through 12
In addition to the SD8 Communicable Disease Prevention Plan that can be found on our website, additional information was provided by Interior Health on September 1st, as per the attached letter:
- Indoor assemblies are limited to 50 people or two classes, in a single space.
- Visitors entering the school should be limited to those supporting activities that are of benefit to student learning and wellbeing.
- Extracurricular school sports should follow the Interior Health Order for Gatherings & Events, where sports and tournaments are allowed. Spectators should be limited to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors.
Our guidelines meet these recommendations, although for the safety of students, staff, and our communities, we have chosen not to have public spectators at school-related events at this time. The inclusion of the spectators at these types of events may cause gatherings of people greater than the health order allows.
We look forward to welcoming you back this week. It is a shared responsibility to keep one another safe and healthy at this time.