- Fees and payment terms for participation in the International Student Program are set out in the attached schedule. Additional fees apply for participation in the Homestay program, as set out below, as well as for various incidentals, including optional vacation Airport Transfers, field trips, all academies, and extracurricular activities.
- In the event that my child does not come to Canada or decides not to attend or to leave the School District’s International Program, I agree that the following terms will apply:
- The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
- For students in their first year of participation in the International Programs, the following will apply:
- the full tuition fee, less the application fee, will be refunded upon receipt of satisfactory evidence that the Study Permit was not approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC);
- two-thirds (2/3) of the tuition fee, less the application fee, will be refunded if the student withdraws prior to commencement of program;
- one half (1/2) of the tuition fee, less the application fee, will be refunded if the student withdraws within 30 calendar days of commencing the program; and
- no refund will be granted, for any reason, if the student withdraws after 30 days of commencing the program.
- The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstance.
- If a student indicates they will be returning to the School District’s International Programs for a second or subsequent year and withdraws prior to commencing the second or subsequent year, the following will apply:
- 50% of the annual tuition fee will be refunded if they withdraw from the program prior to June 15 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence; and
- no refund will be provided for any withdrawal after June 15 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence.
- No refund will be provided if a student is dismissed from the program because of a violation of this Agreement, IRCC (Immigration Canada), or School Code of Conduct.
- In certain circumstances an international fee paying student may become eligible to become a non-fee paying student upon their parent or guardian becoming ordinarily resident in British Columbia. A student may only change their status from fee-paying to non-fee paying before September 30 of the applicable school year. No refund of tuition will be provided to any student whose status changes after September 30th of the applicable school year.
- no refund will be given if the program is interrupted due to causes beyond our control (i.e. natural disaster, etc.) after commencing the program
Temporary Addition to our Refund Policy – this clause will end Sept. 30, 2020 - If the British Columbia's Ministry of Health restricts travel by a student to Canada in response to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the student will be refunded any fees they have paid, minus the nonrefundable application fee. This refund shall only apply if the inability to enter Canada is due to a restriction imposed by either:
the government of Canada
government of British Columbia
cancellation of the program prior to commencement of the program
home country restricting travel to Canada
My child is obliged to at all times maintain adequate medical and health insurance while in Canada and the School District is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the student as a result of failure to maintain adequate insurance. International Students are required to enroll in and pay for medical insurance through the International Programs office for the entire duration of their program in the School District.
Assumption of Risk
I understand that there are risks associated with my child enrolling in the School District and that my child will not be under constant supervision. I understand that medical and health emergencies can occur without warning. I voluntarily assume the risk that my child may suffer illness, injury or another emergency and agree that I will not bring any claim against the School District or any of its employees for any injury suffered by my child while participating in the International Programs.
I understand that my child may wish to participate in extracurricular activities such as sports teams, field trips, or school clubs. I give my permission for my child to participate in such extracurricular activities if the Custodian in their discretion considers such activity appropriate. However, I understand that the School District may determine not to allow my child to participate in high risk activities such as skiing, surfing, snowboarding, mountain climbing, kayaking or canoeing unless I also provide my consent to that activity.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
I understand that for the purposes of my child’s participation in the School District’s International Programs, the School District will collect, use and disclose personal information about me and my child, including information about my child’s health and education as well as contact information for me and my child. I understand that that information will be collected, used and disclosed for the purposes of offering and administering the International Programs as permitted by the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (“FOIPPA”) and the British Columbia School Act and may be shared with school authorities, medical and social service providers, homestay providers, custodians and others as required.
I agree that under FOIPPA, the School District has the legal authority to collect personal information about students and their families for educational and related purposes. The personal information collected by the School District may include images of identifiable students including class photos, individual photos, sporting, and special event photos. It is a tradition in the School District to publish student names and/or photographs of individual students and groups of students commemorating events, or promoting or celebrating participation in various educational, sports and cultural activities. Students’ names, photographs and comments may be published in the School yearbook, newsletters, honour rolls, programs, calendars, annual reports, and the School or School District webpage. While such activities promote student achievement and accomplishments, the School District recognizes that there may be sensitivities to publishing such images where they name and/or identify students. Accordingly, I agree that my child’s name, photograph or comments relating to these types of School activities may be used for these purposes.
From time to time, teachers may use various websites and applications that store data outside Canada, such as Google Docs, Prezii, or NoodleBib. Parents and students must be aware that student information may reside on servers not located in Canada and their consent is required to use such websites. Students are expected to use their school district-assigned email address and follow teacher guidelines when using website applications.
Termination of Participation in International Program
I understand that my child’s participation in the International Programs may be terminated at the discretion of the Administrators of the International Programs without any refund of fees, and that my child may be sent home at my expense if he or she does not adhere to the School District rules, standards, and instructions as set forth in the school’s agenda, handbook and this Agreement, Canadian law and any related policies or guidelines.
I agree that the School District is not liable for any loss suffered by my child or me as a result of any labour dispute that may affect the delivery of an educational program. No refund will be given for loss of school time due to a labour dispute or other causes beyond our control.
***fees may change without notice***