What to Pack and Know Before Coming to Canada Flight Information into the Kootenay Lake District Program Administrator Sandy Prentice Email: email@example.com Phone: 250-505-7033 Cell: 250-354-3734 Fax: 250-505-7036 SKYPE: kootenaylake FACEBOOK: LVR International
Top 10 Reasons to Choose the Kootenay Lake School District
- Our program offers free monthly activities for all of our international students which includes river rafting, curling, photography, canoeing, hiking, biking, ultimate Frisbee, and more. Our May trip to Calgary, Banff, and Lake Louise is always a big success and student favourite!
- Kootenay Lake area has one of the lowest crime rates in all of North America.
- The mountain air is clean and fresh and the water in Kootenay Lake and our drinking water is not polluted and help to create the ideal, healthy environment for international students.
- Nelson’s LV Rogers Secondary School won the Garfield Weston Award for Academic Excellence in the province of BC in 2008-2009, beating out all other public schools in the province.
- LV Rogers Secondary School offers 39 elective courses for students in the areas of athletics, art, music, and languages - there is something for everyone to learn!
- LV Rogers Secondary School has the highest percentage of provincial government scholarship awards per capita of any public school in the province of British Columbia with an impressive 28% of students receiving scholarships. We also offer two scholarships for our international students of $500.00 cash for the highest grade point average in grade 12.
- LV Rogers Secondary School is proud of their graduation completion rates for students which is an impressive 99.4% in 2010, the second highest results of any private or public school in the province of British Columbia, Canada.
- Students are supported with free after school homework classes on Monday and Thursdays at LVR.
- Prince Charles Secondary School offers the academic AVID Program for students who are passionate about going on to a Canadian or American University after grade 12.
- Free, after school TOEFL and provincial exam preparations classes are offered on Wednesdays and Thursdays for students to support their English skill development.